[mythtv-users] Mythbackend amnesia

Robert May robtmay at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 02:38:42 UTC 2006

I'm seriously considering downgrading to 0.18.  Are there any
explanations for mythbackend randomly losing it's DB connection?  Is
this related to mysql or mythtv?  I've seen a few threads about this
issue, but no explanation or fix for the problem.  Are there any?
Basically I consider mythtv 0.19 as reliable as a beta version.  Since
I can't count on it to record things.  Sometimes this happens a couple
times a day.  Then other times it goes close to a week without
fumbling things.  Doesn't make sense.  Has anyone solved this issue?

Thanks for putting up with my little rant,
-r