[mythtv-users] knoppmyth vs mythdora specifics

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Fri Mar 31 03:06:11 UTC 2006

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:40:54 -0700
Brian Wood wrote:

> On Mar 30, 2006, at 5:47 PM, Nick Rout wrote:
>

> Ah-Ha, so you're the source of those .nz packets I saw with tcpdump
> last night (I'm seeding one of the packages you mention).

Thats quite likely. Actually by this morning it was finished and showing
no seeders and no leechers, so I stopped it. Should I comtinue seeding?

And thanks for the seed.

> I think both MythDora and Knoppmyth will work with your system,
> including the PVR-150. XvMC support should work with the usual
> caveats (no PiP, no accelerated video speed etc.) Which is better is
> subjective, if you have the time I'd try them both and see which you
> prefer.
>
> You should ask about MythDora directly on their site:
>
>   http://g-ding.tv
>
> Epia-based motherboards are specifically mentioned on the Knoppmyth
> WiKi:
>
> http://knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=EpiaMotherboards

I am encouraged by the opening words on that page:

"Epia based systems should pretty much work out the box now... Cecil"

> So you think you can get Myth working in one day huh? Good luck :-)

I won't commit to that!

Need to back up a lot of files first too.
--
Nick Rout <nick at rout.co.nz>