[mythtv-users] power failure - now lirc stopped working

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 23:25:17 UTC 2006

On 29/03/06, Lucien D. <ldunning at gmail.com> wrote:
> Gave udevstart a try, didn't make any difference, good thing to know
> about though.
>
> yea, the card is still functioning properly, tv works and everything;
> ivtv init sees the remote, and when modprobing lirc_i2c it says it
> finds the card.

You don't specify whether you've tried running irrecord in raw mode
(in addition to irw) with the receiver - this should let you know if
the card is getting anything from the remote via the IR receiver.
Other than enabling LIRC logging (if not already) and making sure your
/etc/lircd.conf file is not hosed, I'm not sure what else to suggest.

Fingers crossed,
Nick