[mythtv-users] Backend mysteriously dies off on .18.1

Adam Bodnar ambodnar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 04:17:29 UTC 2006

Has anyone had the issue where mythbackend just dies off on it's own?

The system had been stable since June and working flawlessly...then a
week or so ago, this suddenly popped up.

I can't think of anything I did. Sometimes restarting the backend
fixes it, but no guarantees. But restarting the machine always fixes
it.

Yes, I realize I'm running myth .18.1 and I should probably upgrade
one day...but it was working great. Why cause problems when it's
working.

And using these ivtv rpms:
ivtv-kmdl-2.6.11-1.27_FC3-0.2.0-68_rc3j.rhfc3.at
ivtv-firmware-enc-2.04.024-4.at
ivtv-firmware-1.8a-4.at
ivtv-0.2.0-68_rc3j.rhfc3.at
ivtv-firmware-dec-2.02.023-4.at