[mythtv-users] "Stuck" tuner with 0.19

Paul Harvey paul.l.harvey at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 04:11:17 UTC 2006

I've have problems where my FE box crashes, and the BE doesn't seem to
realize it, and until I restart the mythbackend process, one of my
tuners (I have two tuners) is stuck on the last channel that was being
viewed.

This happened on 0.18 as well...

However with 0.18 when I had two shows at the same time record, it
would clear that setting and record.

With 0.19, even when I have two shows scheduled, it still continues on
the last viewed channel, and ends up recording a bunch of "livetv" for
that channel because it thinks it is still being watched (and fills up
drive space).  It also has a problem when this happens that it thinks
it recorded the show, but didn't.

Any ideas on what to do to fix the problem (besides making the FE more
stable... :) )?

TIA!

--
I have Gmail invites... Email me if you want one!