[mythtv-users] Mythbackend amnesia

Peter Watkins peterw at tux.org
Wed Mar 29 04:35:11 UTC 2006

Tom Lichti wrote:
> Robert May wrote:
>
>>It would seem that I am running MySQL 5.

> There were issues with MySQL 5 and a connection timeout setting, but I
> don't run 5 so I never followed it that closely. You can either
> downgrade to MySQL 4, or update to latest SVN version, which I believe
> has fixes for the issue.

I've had similar problems with Fedora Core 4 and MySQL 4.1 (FC4 package
"mysql-4.1.16-1.FC4.1"). I've both had Myth 0.19 (from ATrpms & Jarod's
instructions) "forget" about its upcoming recordings (one time it failed
to record a show less than one hour after completing another scheduled
recording), and had the backend die on me.

I think the backend crashes may be related to using a MediaMVP running
mvpmc (mvpmc.sf.net) as a frontend, but I haven't figured out what's
caused the recording schedule amnesia since I'm using MySQL 4.1 with
*no* connect_timeout settings. The amnesia does not seem to be related
to the weekly mysql log rotation (using default FC4 logrotate configs).

-Peter