[mythtv-users] MPEG2 -> MPEG2 Transcoding

Mark A. Hoover mahoover at ispaceonline.org
Tue Mar 28 14:36:04 UTC 2006

If anybody has a definitive answer on this one, I'd appreciate hearing it.

I've recoded some shows using a PVR-500 card that encodes to MPEG2 format.
I've found that if I turn on the Lossless Transcoding toggle, that I can
keep them in MPEG2 format and strip out the commercials.  However, I've
been told that the resulting file can potentially have video/audio sync problems.

Is this true?  And if so, is there a way to transcode the entire file and
not just around the cut points?