[mythtv-users] mythtv/ivtv on FC5

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Tue Mar 28 12:49:15 UTC 2006

Around about 28/03/06 13:01, Axel Thimm typed ...
> The above does not apply to FC3. You need to pick what platform we are
> talking about ;)

   OK, sorry to be confusing :-)  I did mention it waaay back in the thread,
but it got lost in the noise.  I have an FC3 install ATM, and am looking,
somehow, to up-issue the drivers associated with the Nova-T, without trashing
my ivtv install.

> FC3: supporting modules are required
> FC4: supporting modules are required for some Samsung tuners, you can
>      strip them, if you don't have such hardware
> FC5: no supporting modules are built

   So with FC3, I'm pretty much stuck where I am.  I could wait for FC5 to
stablise, or, if I went FC4, I could update it to the latest and then ...
what, install the latest v4l kmdl and the just the ivtv*.ko files from the
ivtv kmdl?

   Just to be sure, do you know how I can tell if I have a Samsung tuner?

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature