[mythtv-users] Phantom errors in input source setup for PVR-350

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Mar 27 16:51:33 UTC 2006

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> I've set up my datadirect account, and ran mythfilldatabase,
> succesfully, then in mythtv-setup, in the input source screen, the "fill
> in channels from source" button takes a gawdly long time to complete.
> Why?  It looks like that it also runs "mythfilldatabase", again, which,
> every time I did it, when out and grabed something from datadirect.
> Shouldn't it just read the channel setup from mysql?

That's the way it works... unfortunately.
It's even worse if you are not connected to the 'Net when you launch
that proceess! Takes forever to fail out..

> Finally, when I try to exit from mythtv-setup, the following message
> come up:
>
> Card 0 (type ): is set to start on channel 1, which does not exist.
> Card 0 (type ): is set to start on channel 1, which does not exist.
>
> The same message initially repeats twice when I try to exit, with an
> offer to fix both of these supposed problems.  Then, after I made some
> other tweaks to the input source, the same message began appearing three
> times.
>
> The messages is bogus.  The initial channel in the input source is valid.

Somehow you are exiting the page where the channel is set, without
actually saving the settings. Can't exactly remember but you must select
'Next' and not just hit Enter....If you hit Enter the page update fails,
silently... or something like that...

Geoff