[mythtv-users] Phantom errors in input source setup for PVR-350

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Sat Mar 25 13:18:30 UTC 2006

I've set up my datadirect account, and ran mythfilldatabase, succesfully,
then in mythtv-setup, in the input source screen, the "fill in channels from
source" button takes a gawdly long time to complete. Why?  It looks like
that it also runs "mythfilldatabase", again, which, every time I did it,
when out and grabed something from datadirect.  Shouldn't it just read the
channel setup from mysql?

Finally, when I try to exit from mythtv-setup, the following message come
up:

Card 0 (type ): is set to start on channel 1, which does not exist.
Card 0 (type ): is set to start on channel 1, which does not exist.

The same message initially repeats twice when I try to exit, with an offer
to fix both of these supposed problems.  Then, after I made some other
tweaks to the input source, the same message began appearing three times.

The messages is bogus.  The initial channel in the input source is valid.

Further, if I accept the offer to fix this supposed problem, I end up going
back to the main menu, and if I try to exit again I get the same complaint.
Apparently, it doesn't get fixed.

This is mostly an annoyance.  If I tell mythtv-setup that I know what I'm
doing, and run the frontend, the tuner seems to come up fine.