[mythtv-users] Am I able to stop auto-recording?

Lonnie Borntreger myth at borntreger.com
Sun Mar 26 13:46:54 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 15:15 +0200, Martin Ereth wrote:
> Please be honest: Do you sometimes want to watch TV, just to see what is broadcasted?
> Why do you need this recorded?

As Brian stated, it always did... it was just called a ring buffer.

But to specifically answer your question, "Why do you need this
recorded?"  Because without doing this, all PVR functions (pause,
rewind/replay, etc.) that are reasons for watching live TV with a PVR,
can not happen.  Thus, if it is to be a PVR, then live TV must be
recorded - if you don't want any PVR functions while watching live TV,
then don't use a PVR.

Lonnie Borntreger