[mythtv-users] Installing mythburn-ui?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sat Mar 25 20:41:36 UTC 2006

On 25-Mar-06, at 1:36 PM, Fredrik Karlsson wrote:

> I am running Gentoo. Does this mean I have to, even thogh MythTV is up
> and running, download the sourcer for MythTV + plugins, unpack the
> archives, configure and compile everything just to be able to compile
> mythburn?
>
> Or, am I being stupid...?

You're not being stupid however it might be enough to just have the
source available. I just built mythburn-ui and didn't see any
references to any build artifacts, just a couple of -I libmyth -I
libmythtv type things. But, I'm working from my own build directory so
it could be possible that more than just source is required.

If you get link errors you can install the libmyth*-dev package and if
you still get errors then you'll have to bite the bullet and build
everything.

- George