[mythtv-users] Installing mythburn-ui?

Fredrik Karlsson dargosch at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 18:36:21 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I would like to try the new UI for mythbun out on my MythTV 0.19 box.
However, I get a bot confused by the instructions:

MythBurn need to be compiled from inside the myth build directory
so it can pickup your configuration for the install prefix etc.

Unzip the mythburn-ui archive into the mythplugins build directory
$ cd path_to_myth_build_directory/mythplugins
$ tar -xf path_to_mythburn_archive/mythburn-ui.tar.gz

compile and install mythburn
$ cd mythburn-ui
$ qmake mythburn.pro
$ make

I am running Gentoo. Does this mean I have to, even thogh MythTV is up
and running, download the sourcer for MythTV + plugins, unpack the
archives, configure and compile everything just to be able to compile
mythburn?

Or, am I being stupid...?

/Fredrik

--
My Gentoo + PVR-350 + IVTV + MythTV blog is on
http://gentoomythtv.blogspot.com/