[mythtv-users] TV-out is black & white

Andrew Lynch lynchaj at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 25 00:50:58 UTC 2006

I've managed to get my DC10 working.
And TV-out on my NVidia MX400
But the TV-out is black and white could anyone have a look at my xorg.conf and
see if I have missed some thing.
Cheers
Dave

Dave,
I reviewed your xorg.conf and think you are running the regular vga driver rather than the nvidia proprietary driver.

Comment out this entire section in the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file

Section "Device"
# The chipset line is optional in most cases.  It can be used to override
# the driver's chipset detection, and should not normally be specified.
#    Chipset "generic"
# The Driver line must be present.  When using run-time loadable driver
# modules, this line instructs the server to load the specified driver
# module.  Even when not using loadable driver modules, this line
# indicates which driver should interpret the information in this section.
# The BusID line is used to specify which of possibly multiple devices
# this section is intended for.  When this line isn't present, a device
# section can only match up with the primary video device.  For PCI
# devices a line like the following could be used.  This line should not
# normally be included unless there is more than one video device
# intalled.
#    BusID      "PCI:0:10:0"
#    VideoRam 256
#    Clocks 25.2 28.3
    Identifier     "Standard VGA"
    Driver         "vga"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
    BoardName      "Unknown"
EndSection

If I were you, I would review the /var/log/Xorg.0.log file to ensure that you are running the "nvidia" driver and not just the plain vga.

Just do
$less /var/log/Xorg.0.log
and press f to get to the bottom and then ctrl-c and scroll up from the bottom until you see where it is loading the driver module.

Thanks!

Andrew Lynch