[mythtv-users] HDTV reception via Cable

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Mar 24 16:25:27 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 01:19 -0500, Jesse Guardiani wrote:

> 3.) Finally, once I knew what channels were unencrypted,
> I simplified my channels.conf to this in preparation for
> MythTV import:
>
> 0010:663000000:QAM_256:2048:2049:1
> 0011:663000000:QAM_256:2112:2113:2
> 0012:663000000:QAM_256:2176:2177:3
> 0013:663000000:QAM_256:2240:2241:4

If you use the MythTV internal channel scanner it will only add
the unencrypted channels unless you tell it to add encrypted
channels. Unfortunately, the channel numbers and callsigns will
still be bogus.

Also, if you put the callsign in the first column of your
channels.conf, then MythTV can automatically fill in the
xmltv id when you run mythfilldatabase...

-- Daniel