[mythtv-users] Wrong dvb devices?

Warren warren-lists at icruise.com
Fri Mar 24 13:48:49 UTC 2006

This might be a little off topic, but I think someone here should know this.

I am using Centos 4 x86_64 with kernel 2.6.15.6.  My capture cards are a
hauppauge (ivtv) and a pcHDTV 3000.  The devices for the cx88-dvb module
show up as /dev/dvb0.frontend0, /dev/dev0.demux0, etc.  I create
softlinks from /dev/dev0/adapter0/frontend0 and the like and it works
fine so it's not actually a problem and I am able to captur and watch
live tv, but I am curious as to why I am getting the alternate device
names.  Any ideas?

TIA,
Warren