[mythtv-users] Can myth TV do what I want?

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 19:58:26 UTC 2006

On 3/23/06, Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet.net> wrote:

> I've found that gnump3d and/or mp3act make excellent web based music
> streaming systems.
> For me at least (running gentoo), gnump3d is a LOT easier to set up, and
> it supports downsampling.
> mp3act is significantly harder to set up (requires some PHP hacking
> skills), and does NOT support
> downsampling, but the interface is much nicer and even supports
> automatically grabbing album art
> from Amazon.com.

I have been having frustrations to get mp3act working in jukebox mode
(i.e., I can control it remotely and have the server play the music
rather than strem it to the remote machine).  Can gnump3d do this, or
will it only stream the music to the local machine?  I want to use the
digital output of my mythbox to play music through my receiver, but
with close to a 100 gigs of music, the mythmusic interface is
unwieldy, and I just can't figure out how to properly get mp3act to
play.