[mythtv-users] Am I able to stop auto-recording?

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Thu Mar 23 15:51:45 UTC 2006

Martin Ereth wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I wasn't able to tell mythtv that it should not record any channels I watch.
> Am I able to do that? How?
>
> I am using mythtv-0.19.
>
> Thanks for your help in advance

Well, if you *never* want to watch the channel, you can remove it from
the channel DB directly (MySQL), or from upstream (zap2it) in my case.

If you just don't want a show to record on a certain channel, then you'll
have to change your show's recording schedule to reflect that. For example,
if you currently use "record at any time on any channel", change that to
"record at any time on this channel", and add multiple recording schedules
for that show for the channels you DO want it to record.

There is no "don't record this show on this channel" blacklist feature,
AFAIK.

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin