[mythtv-users] Previous Recordings missing after mysqld lockup MythTv 0.19, FC4.

Bradley Remedios bremedios at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 19:57:04 UTC 2006

This morning, after having a problem with mysql and restarting the
computer, all previously recorded shows that still had the auto-expire
flag set never appear in the Watch Recordings interface.

The jobs on those recordings are still listed in the System Status,
along with them in the next to auto-expire listing.

What steps do I need to do in order to actually view those recordings.
 I would rather not loose them if at all possible.

Below is more detailed information on what happened that resulted in this.

I have been running myth on my backend for a few weeks now without
incident.  Last night when I went to add a scheduling for a show by
looking at the channel list it successfully added it however, when I
went to modify the record options (from record only this showing to
all that are aired.) mysql locked up somehow and all scheduling
related items disappeared.

Initially I thought that maybe the guide data was erroneously deleted
so i ran mythfilldatabase but it reported that it couldn't connect to
mysqld (which was actually still running.)

So I shutdown mysqld and tried to start it up again (service mysqld
stop / start) however it would not start up.  After rebooting the
computer mythbackend came back up and so did mythfrontend.  I could
also schedule new recordings even using the channel list that caused
the problem earlier.

Unfortunately, now all my previously recorded shows don't show up in
the watch interface, but are still taking up space according to the
auto-expire list, recording hours left and jobs in the System Status
Interface.

Thank you in advance.
--
Bradley Remedios