[mythtv-users] FC cannot get X on PVR-350

Damian O'Hara damian at cognoscente.uk.com
Wed Mar 22 12:52:01 UTC 2006

Hi All,
Have downloaded latest rpm version of mythtv from wilsonet and
installed (as per that page) on a new fedora core 4 box. MythTV seems
to be working with the interface displaying on the attached monitor, IR
working, xml grabbing OK and play/record/pause etc all working on the
TV.
What I seem unable to do though is to show the mythtv frontend on the TV.
I followed a pile of howto's which explained copying the sourceforge
ivtvdev_drv.o  into the xorg module area and modifying the xorg.conf
until the cows come home.
Has anyone successfully achieved this simple task before?

My kit is:
Dell Dimension 2400 (2.4GHz Celeron)
512MB RAM
Hauppage PVR-350 (PAL)
FC4 with 2.6.5-1833 kernel
latest mythtv 0.19

Any tips welcomed for setting up with UK (not NTSC)

Damian