[mythtv-users] Displaying 1080i on 4:3 standard TV

Mike Schlottman mschlott at spe.org
Tue Mar 21 19:43:24 UTC 2006

I had suspected that changing the TVStandard in my XF86Config-4 would
help.  Last night I was trying to get the system running with the
TVStandard set to HD480i, but I could not get a working mode line.

Can I set my TVStandard to HD1080i and still use S-Video to display to
my tv?  Could you send me the modeline you are using for 1080i?

I did not mention it before, but I am using a Nvidia FX5200.

     mike

  _____