[mythtv-users] Mythweb AuthType Basic works for me, Digest doesn't

Brad Benson bbenso1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 23:03:48 UTC 2006

On 3/20/06, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've just upgraded to 0.19 and have followed the instructions in the
> MythWeb README. It's working except for the fact that I can only get
> Basic authentication working, not Digest.
>
> Here's the section in my /var/www/html/mythweb/.htaccess:
> AuthType           Digest
> AuthName           "MythTV"
> AuthDigestFile     /var/www/myth_htdigest
> Require            valid-user
>
> I ran htdigest like this:
> htdigest -c myth_htdigest Myth mythtv
>
> When I try to log into Mythweb I the authorisation check fails and I
> see this in /var/log/httpd/error_log:
> [Mon Mar 20 19:52:32 2006] [error] [client 192.168.0.200] Digest: user
> `mythtv' in realm `MythTV' not found: /mythweb/

If you look closely at the error message you'll see that apache is looking
for a user in the realm 'MythTV'.  If you then look closely at your htdigest
command:

htdigest -c myth_htdigest Myth mythtv

you'll see that the realm you specified on the command line is 'Myth' and
not 'MythTV'.

Try using MythTV instead of Myth in your htdigest command and see if that
works.  Or you could change the AuthName line in .htaccess from MythTV to
Myth.  Either way, make sure AuthName matches the realm you specify when
running htdigest.

HTH,
Brad Benson