[mythtv-users] [Amicus-users] Re: Miro DC10

Andrew Lynch lynchaj at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 19 16:07:12 UTC 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: amicus-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:amicus-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Dave Chapman
Sent: Sunday, March 19, 2006 2:16 AM
To: Andrew Lynch
Cc: mythtv-users at mythtv.org; amicus-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Amicus-users] Re: [mythtv-users] Miro DC10

On Sat March 18 2006 14:47, Andrew Lynch wrote:
> Dave,
>
> I am building Zoran support into AMICUS script to
> support your tuner card.

[snip]

>  Please contact me.
I'll give you all the help I can but you had better know that by trade I'm a

lorry driver and I class myself as a Linux enthusiast.

I'm off work for a week from tomorrow (Monday) so testing as best I can.
> Thank you.
>
> Andrew Lynch
>
> PS I have not yet posted the amicus-pre-i-0.04

[snip]

> soon in amicus-pre-i-0.04!

Just put an ATI rage 128Pro in my box because I need TV out

> PPPS I especially need testers who in the past have
> experienced the dreaded "MySQL access denied" bug
> which I think we have finally found root cause and
> fixed.  Due to the trauma that nasty bug has caused, I
> will not release a new version until that bug is
> verified fixed by several people.
The problem I had with tv_grab_uk_rt has gone
The patch you sent me worked and since a reinstall from a Debian testing iso

it did not reappear.

debug to follow shortly

Dave

[snip]

Dave,

Thank you for the feedback!  I appreciate your help and time in getting the
Zoran support working.

I am just a working person myself, so don't worry about it!  I think
everyone here is a linux enthusiast but I am not an expert by any stretch.
Do what you can and hopefully everyone can contribute something.  What seems
next to impossible to me is often trivial for someone else.  Free/Open
Source software development is amazing that way.

Hopefully the ATI video card support will help you out as well.  I have not
really tested it yet so I am curious as to if/how it works.

The good news, I think, is that you are getting tv_grab_uk_rt to work and it
implies that the "MySQL access denied" bug is not biting you as well.  Is
that right?

Thanks!  I appreciate your help!

Andrew Lynch

PS, Zoran support begins with amicus-pre-i-0.04 which has not been posted
yet and I am struggling to get mythweb configured properly.  Once that is
working, I will post amicus-pre-i-0.04.  I have posted some early revisions
on the amicus-users mailing list though but mythweb does not work properly
but that should not affect your Zoran testing.

Thanks!

Andrew Lynch