[mythtv-users] Which TFT to get?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Mar 17 20:51:43 UTC 2006

On Mar 17, 2006, at 1:37 PM, Niels Dybdahl wrote:

>> I'm using it as my Living Room TV set. It's being fed by my MythTV
>> system's 6200 card via the VGA input. I'm running the computer's
>> output at 1024x768. The myth system has analog cable and SD
>> (composite) satellite going into it.
>
> So this means that a MythTV recording at 480x480 or 720x480 is first
> scaled to 1024x768 by XV on the graphics adapter and then scaled to
> 1366x768 by the TV. Have you tried to get rid of one of the scalings ?

I only got the Myth installation working and stable in the last
couple of weeks (thanks MythDora) so I haven't had a chance to try
and improve things. It looks good enough that it is not high on my
list, but your point is well taken.

> Those that use HDTV with MythTV do they run such a TV at 1366x768 or
> at 1280x720 to avoid scaling ? Is it possible to avoid scaling when
> the TVs resolution is 1366x768 ?

Don't know, haven't tried the world on HD with Myth yet, but another
good point.