[mythtv-users] ivtv tinny audio problem - status

John Biundo johnbiundo at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 17 19:29:19 UTC 2006

For those of you who are having the "tinny audio" problem, and don't
also subscribe to the ivtv lists, take a look at the recent threads on
this subject on the ivtv-devel list.

Hans V is investigating the problem currently. A few people have
generated samples of the problem.  There may be a little confusion over
defining the problem, and in fact maybe there are several different
problems that are being referred to as "tinny audio".

So if you've got the problem, head on over there, listen to the samples,
and offer your input.  Also, if you've got a machine with this problem,
and the ability to open it up securely for Hans to ssh into it, that
would help.  I'm trying to set mine up, but currently don't have enough
ssh experience to feel very secure about it, so it's going to go a
little slowly until I convince myself that I've set it up properly.

Oh yeah, it would also help to know if anyone is experiencing this
problem with ivtv 0.4.0 or earlier.  Some reports suggest that
downgrading to 0.4.0 has solved the problem (or, perhaps more accurately
stated, that some change in 0.4.1 or higher may have introduced it).  It
would probably help to have some more data points.

Cheers,
john