[mythtv-users] A/V sync 80-100mS off - HDTV

Steve Skarda steveskarda at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 00:41:21 UTC 2006

On 3/16/06, Timothy Braje <tbraje at myvest.com> wrote:

> >>Does any one else had this problem and been able to resolve it?   I have
> >>made no progress on tracking this one down.
> >

> > I still haven't noticed this, recordings or live. Are you guys running
> > svn from fixes or regular SVN?
> >
> > --
> > Steve
>
> I have definitely made improvements on it, and have almost eliminated
> the problem.  I was able to get XvMC working recently on my card
> (interestingly enough, mine specifically didn't work with nvidia driver
> 7676, and only with the latest, 8178, quite contrary to the Myth
> documentation).  That seems to have fixed it for the most part.
> Occasionally it will happen, but it seem to go away if I exit the
> program I am watching and start again.  It is almost like the audio gets
> out of sync, and can't catch up.  Once it is in sync, it seems to be fine.
>
> I am running SVN-fixes, by the way.
>
> Tim

Thanks for the reply!   It has been a month since I upgraded to the latest
SVN so I'll do that.  I am also using Nvidia 7667 so I'll try upgrading to
8178.  I didn't realize that the Nvidia driver impacted sound sync so having
that information is very useful.

When you say you are running SVN-fixes, what does that mean?   I assumed
that SVN is the very latest possible.