[mythtv-users] Card for capture without tuner?

LP Tilly mail.list.lawrence at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 19:20:43 UTC 2006

On 3/15/06, Mike Angstadt <daenris at gmail.com> wrote:

> For the particular card I was talking about (assuming it is supported,
> still not sure) the only advantage I need is cost.  A PVR-150 costs what?
> $60?  This card, after rebate right now would be $40, and would be both a
> geforce 6200, and a tv-encoder, so I wouldn't need to worry about a separate
> video card.  Obviously if I wanted to add more capture cards later, I'd be
> looking at PVR150s or similar cards.
>
> -Mike

$40 ?  Well...that  probably wins.   :-)  Assuming  no support issues of
course.  I'm usually of the mindset of dedicated function, so I personally
would shy away from a solution of asking my primary video card to also
handle my encoding, but that is probably philosophical rather than practical
in today's world ( I still believe in vi too ).

-Lawrence