[mythtv-users] Confusion about Output Cards.

Bob spam at homeurl.co.uk
Wed Mar 15 05:30:23 UTC 2006

Nick Ellson wrote:
> <light bulb coming on>
>
> Ok.. That makes sense. I'll find me a Video card with DVI out for my video
> to the Sony Wega.. As for Audio. I have a DAV-FR1, and I saw a black
> connector on teh back that looked like teh black connector on the TV, but
> this system in a 5 disc DVD player as well, might that also be video, or

Black RCA Probably = SPDIF (or left channel of a stereo phono connector
but you'll see a red one next to it in this case)
Yellow RCA Probably = composite video
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RCA_connector
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_and_video_connector

> would you suspect the SPDIF? That would be my prefered from your
> description. Next off would be a SPDIF converter (or a new sound system
> that supports SPDIF as the Sony 5 disc changer I have SUCKS, takes almost
> 45 secs to switch discs.. That does not make the kids happy ;)
>
> So, is it a fairly easy thing to find long DVI cable? (say 50-70 feet?)
> Same for SPDIF?

No
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=%22maximum+length%22+dvi-d+cables&btnG=Search