[mythtv-users] Plextor M402U. Supported or not?

Nathan Lutchansky lutchann-mythtvusers at litech.org
Wed Mar 15 02:01:12 UTC 2006

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 06:17:53PM -0700, Brian Wood wrote:
> Perhaps a bit over-priced, I think the Plextors are very nice units.
> Refurbs are on the market at reasonable cost, competitive with the PVRs.

If you don't need a tuner, there are several other units on the WIS page
that are supported by the driver and are a bit cheaper.  Looks like the
H&B TX-100 is around $65 now.  The down side is these only support a
fixed 720x480 (or 720x576 for PAL users) resolution, but that may be OK
if you were planning on using full D1 resolution anyway.

The Lifeview TV Walker Ultra would have been nice to support as it had a
GO7007 and a worldwide TV tuner and was priced around $99, but
unfortunately Lifeview discontinued it due to poor sales.  -Nathan