[mythtv-users] Plextor M402U. Supported or not?

Jim Minihane min02jsm at minihane.tzo.com
Tue Mar 14 01:23:29 UTC 2006

I've been reading conflicting articles about the status of the Plextor
M402U. Is it supported or not? If it does work? Can it selectively do MPEG2
or 4?

I'd like to use the Plextor in my Myth system but can't find solid
information. If not the Plextor, then what USB capture devices work well?
What about external Firewire devices. I just don't have room for all the
internal PVR cards and serial cards for the DirecTV tuners I want.

Who has the Plextor M402U working and on what distro. What did it take?

What other USB/firewire cards are you guys using with success?