[mythtv-users] HD3000 setup

jason mythtv at jasons.us
Sun Mar 12 23:01:07 UTC 2006

I'm getting the finishing touches set up on my new mythtv box:

Athlon 1700+
512MB RAM
HD3000 capture card with an antenna
Nvidia 5200 card with DVI, SVideo and VGA output

So far I'm just watching over the VGA port - DVI comes later once I move
the system from my office to the den.  When configuring the HD3000 as a
PCHDTV card it doesn't seem to find the digital channels, but when I
configure it as a DVB it does.  But as a DVB it doesn't see the SD
channels.  Do I need to configure it as two different capture cards?

Also, when watching the HD channels the load goes up to about 1.3 and it's
stuttering badly, dropping every other frame.  Is the Athlon not powerful
enough to be FE and BE?

Thanks - I'm almost there!

--
-Jason

-----
Jason K. Schechner
    --- There are no ABSOLUTE STATEMENTS   I'm very probably wrong. ---
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
  					- Albert Einstein