[mythtv-users] New Mini Core Duo, No Video

Brendan White bmwt at caida.org
Sun Mar 12 02:38:14 UTC 2006

Ah.  looks like required headers/cpp files are only being included
with the backend.

I was able to modify mythtv/libs/libmythtv/libmythtv.pro, and add the
following under

# Misc. needed by backend/frontend

     HEADERS += mpeg/mpegtables.h           mpeg/atsctables.h
     HEADERS += mpeg/dvbtables.h
     HEADERS += mpeg/mpegstreamdata.h       mpeg/atscstreamdata.h
     HEADERS += mpeg/dvbstreamdata.h        mpeg/scanstreamdata.h
     HEADERS += mpeg/mpegdescriptors.h      mpeg/atscdescriptors.h
     HEADERS += mpeg/dvbdescriptors.h       mpeg/dishdescriptors.h
     HEADERS += mpeg/atsc_huffman.h
     HEADERS += mpeg/tsstats.h
     SOURCES += mpeg/mpegtables.cpp         mpeg/atsctables.cpp
     SOURCES += mpeg/dvbtables.cpp
     SOURCES += mpeg/mpegstreamdata.cpp     mpeg/atscstreamdata.cpp
     SOURCES += mpeg/dvbstreamdata.cpp      mpeg/scanstreamdata.cpp
     SOURCES += mpeg/mpegdescriptors.cpp    mpeg/atscdescriptors.cpp
     SOURCES += mpeg/dvbdescriptors.cpp     mpeg/dishdescriptors.cpp
     SOURCES += mpeg/atsc_huffman.cpp

not only does this let it compile, it removes the
CaptionServiceDescriptor error.
When i launch mythfrontend, i actually see a blue screen for a few
seconds.  Followed by a bus error.

A ktrace leads me to ~/.mythtv/mysql.txt, which has default localhost
definitions.  Switching those to the remote backend and mysql version
4 fixes some errors.  However there is still a bus error.

   1048 mythfrontend CALL  stat(0x91819124,0xbfffef7c)
   1048 mythfrontend NAMI  "/var/db/.AccessibilityAPIEnabled"
   1048 mythfrontend RET   stat 0
   1048 mythfrontend PSIG  SIGBUS SIG_DFL

(sudo touch /var/db/.AccessibilityAPIEnabled doesnt seem to help).

On the plus side, i'm not getting the same bus error when using the
latest SVN and 0.19-release.
(so it's probably not an svn bug)

closer....

-brendan