[mythtv-users] New Mini Core Duo, No Video

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 20:54:04 UTC 2006

On 3/10/06, Brendan White <bmwt at caida.org> wrote:

> I've been trying to get a native version compiled (using svn
> versions), using the osx-packager script.  So far i have an
> executable, but it fails at runtime due to a missing symbol.
>
> Inara:~/MythFrontend.app/Contents/MacOS bmwt$ ./mythfrontend
> dyld: Symbol not found: __ZTV24CaptionServiceDescriptor
>    Referenced from:
> /Users/bmwt/MythFrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/./../Frameworks/
> mythtv.framework/mythtv
>    Expected in: flat namespace

I was poking around a bit more, trying to isolate the problem..

It looks like the 'CaptionServiceDescriptor' class is defined in the files
mpegdescriptors.{h,cpp}, which are in the directory
src/myth-svn/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/mpeg

There are no '.o' files in that directory on my system, so that stuff is not
being built.  We just need to figure out why the mythtv build process is
skipping that section.