[mythtv-users] Lirc using a USB SMK IR receiver and serial irblaster from irblaster.info

Andrew lists at heathsworld.com
Sat Mar 11 19:52:20 UTC 2006

I have a PVR-150 MCE kit that came with a remote and IR receiver.  I have the remote and receiver working well, but it
seems the IR blaster that comes with does not have a driver written for it yet. It plugs into the same device (all on
one USB cord).  Because of this I purchased a dual serial port blaster from irblaster.info and I am a little confused
how to use both the USB and the serial at the same time.  I need it to receive from the MCE remote on the already
working USB and transmit out the computers serial port to the IR blaster stuck on the front of the Sat box.  I know that
you can setup two instances of lirc, one for the USB IR receiver, and one for the serial blaster, but how do you create
a module that will run both?  Do you have to create the module for lirc_mceusb2 and then also compile lirc again for
lirc_serial?  Then modprobe both?