[mythtv-users] lirc Driver for irblaster from irblaster.info

Daniel A. Segel mythtv at archer-segel.com
Thu Mar 9 02:50:45 UTC 2006

Brian Sutcliff wrote:

> I want to buy a cheap blaster. I was going to try the RS232
> Blaster from irblaster.info <http://irblaster.info>.
>
> I have a RCA Model DRD430G (DirectTv)
>
> Before I buy it, I wanted to make sure I could download and compile
> lirc 0.8.0 (I assume I need this to drive it).
>
> It gives me a list of 12 drvers to pick from.

None of those - take the first choice, Homebrew 16x50 UART or something
like that, not the choices in "Other serial port hardware".

Follow the directions at
http://losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/mythtv-info/MythTV_DISH_IR_LED_TX_via_Modified_LIRC.html
if you want to run it alongside another instance of LIRC for your remote.

Daniel