[mythtv-users] FTA channels on DishNetwork satellites

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Mar 10 22:34:16 UTC 2006

>  You are going to need the frequency and parameter table for the
> satellite your dish is pointing at.
>  http://www.lyngsat.com/ is a good place to find that stuff.

Yeah, I've been there, and am pretty sure that I'm mainly pointed at
dish 119 (since my local channels are listed there, unfortunately
encrypted, along with the rest of the stuff I get).

I'm just not really sure what to pick out to set up the dvb scan file.
I think I have it figured out like this:

S 12370000 R 20000000 7/8

That should point to the frequency containing the FTA nasa channel.  Of
course, I have no idea what my LNB is set to, and don't know what the S
is all about (from looking at the example files, I assume it's for
dvb-s), nor do I know anything about the occilator frequency.

I'll have to try again once I get home and can shut off my Dishnet
receivers for awhile.

Thanks for the info, though.

-Chris