[mythtv-users] Seek issue.

Timothy Braje tbraje at myvest.com
Fri Mar 10 17:02:42 UTC 2006

Bryan wrote:
> I noticed last night that when I enter a show after it has been recording
> for a while, at let say 15:30 in the show, that the point at which I enter
> the recording will be the end time for the seek OSD. So I can seek back
> and forth up to that point (15:30) but once I have reached that point, the
> seek function fails.
>
> I would much appreciate any help to point me in the right direction....
>
> Thanks,
> Bryan

I have had the same issue on two different occasions.  For me, it seems
to happen occasionally, and it is a recording-level phenomenon.  That is
to say, something about a particular recording gets screwed up and the
seeking will never work properly with it (the most recent was from the
CSI NY from a couple of nights ago).

The recording plays just fine, it is just impossible to seek forward
past the point you have played to.  While seeking, the time counter does
increase, the video/audio just doesn't.

If anyone has any ideas, that would be greatly appreciated.  This has
happened twice to me now in about a week.  I will try to determine if
there is a commonality for these occurrences.

Thanks,

Tim