[mythtv-users] Has anyone tried upgrading an i386 to x64?

Jack Trout witmore1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 03:44:54 UTC 2006

I originally installed my main MythBackend/Frontend, on an x86 platform and
successfully swapped motherboards and processors with no problems and no
changes to my system

Original System
AMD XP2200+
756 MB DDR266
Soltek 75DRV4 (VIA Chipset)
-Using onboard sound
GeforceMX440 AGP
2xPVR250's
3com Gigabit ethernet card

Current System
AMD64-3200-754
756 MB DDR33 (I am aware that my board and processor supports DDR400, but
its what I had)
Asus K8V SE Deluxe
-Using Onboard sound
GeforceMX440 AGP
2xPVR250's
3com Gigabit ethernet card(I disabled onboard ethernet for ease of
conversion)

Every thing currently works and the onboard sound of the new board is much
better than the old one, the old board would put sound over the speakers
when hard drives were accessed, not too noticeable with relatively slow
transfers like watching tv, more apparent when copying movies, or starting a
stored DVDISO,

Will I benifet from upgrading to FC4 x64? or should I just stick with i386?
can I just download the x64 DVDISO, and run an upgrade?

Thanks

__
-
 GMAIL Invites Mail me directly for one