[mythtv-users] FC4: Nova-T Backend, Via M10000 Frontend. BBC1 Jerky?

M martin at luminoussheep.net
Thu Mar 9 22:52:01 UTC 2006

Steve Daniels wrote:

>>>Works like a dream!
>>>
>>>Thanks again Axel,
>>>
>>>Down to 20% CPU usage now!
>>>

>>Sorry for being slow but what fixed it?
>>Did you need to get a different package?
>>
>>--
>>

>Axel noted that he had rebuilt his packages at the beginning of the weekend
>IIRC, to include Via XVMC support. So I just did "yum upgrade" on my
>Frontend's and Backend's and enabled Via XVMC as the MPEG2 decoder for my
>M10000 Frontend in its settings. Then everything just worked. Haven't
>watched a lot of BBC1 yet, but it seems fine now

Thanks for the reply.
Looks like my problem was the xvmc in debian is in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XvMCConfig
This cures my problems of not being able to watch live tv or anything
whilst recording but CPU is still high 70%+ for the frontend.
Sadly X locks up and refuses to work after a bit, restarting X doesn't
seem to help (can't get video to play again though x does come up) and a
full reboot is required. :(