[mythtv-users] Transcoding aborted, cutlist changed

Steve Briggs zzybaloobah at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 9 16:57:48 UTC 2006

In case someone else has this problem, here's a strange
problem I've seen occasionally:

I do lossless transcoding from MPEG-4->MPEG-4 for
commercial removal.  Occasionally, the transcoding
process will immediately abort with the following
messages:

mythbackend.log:2006-03-06 05:14:15.541 Transcoding aborted, cutlist changed
mythbackend.log:2006-03-06 05:14:15.543 Transcoding /video/mythtv/1033_200603060
20000.nuv aborted because of cutlist update

I have no idea what's special about the few recordings
it fails on (no, I'm not currently editing them, nor could
I find any differences in the recorded table).
What I ended up doing to "fix" it was to delete all the
recordedmarkup entries for those recordings.  I didn't
see any obvious differences between the recordedmarkup
table for those recordings, but I'm not an expert on it
-- and it looks like it's only used for MPEG-2 recordings
anyways.

Steve