[mythtv-users] LiveTV auto recording? Harddrive filling up.

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Thu Mar 9 15:52:57 UTC 2006

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> I can't believe someone actually understood what I was proposing. I
> got a negative response to adding an option for breaking up liveTV
> recordings over X minutes long and ignored by everyone else. Seems
> like the only way this might get implemented is if someone having
> this issue were to supply a patch... and might have it shot down. Not
> worth the effort. But again.. I've configured my system to never have
> this problem, so it doesn't matter to me either way.

We all understand the problem.  But, features only get added to Myth if
someone with a problem provides a patch.  Some problems affect us all
and are fixed by any number of developers.  Some problems, like the one
of recording large blocks of unbroken guide information, affect a small
subset of users and thus, will not generate as much attention.

With any number of workarounds existing and the root of the problem
being a lack of available space on the users' system, I don't expect it
to get much attention.

Kevin