[mythtv-users] Component Output on NVidia 6200 series

Steve Skarda steveskarda at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 23:23:57 UTC 2006

> Also, TV out on videocard I cannot get the screen sized correctly.  It
> outputs a 640x480 image in the middle no matter what i set TVStandard
> to.  (Although I have not tried since moving to nvidia 8xxx series)  I
> tried to revert back to 6629 drivers to test, but they no longer work
> with .6.15 kernels.  Well at least not with my GeForce2GO in my laptop -
> have not tried on big puter.

I had the same problem.  I think I fixed it with the right mode in the
display section in my xorg.conf.  Recognize, there is a lockup problem on
1080i component out.  You need render accel=true in xorg.  In
nvidia-settings you need sync to blank set to false and load nvidia settings
everytime x loads.   There might be a way to put a line right in xorg to
avoid nvidia-settings but I don't know what it is.  (Anyone else?)

Attached is my xorg.conf.   I am using comonent out from a 6600 which should
be the same as 6200 as far as the setup is concerned.  I am sure it is not
correct in every techncial aspect but I managed to work around the options
until I had it working.  It only works if the TV is plugged in but VGA is
not since there is no line to force component out like there is for
S-video.  Most of the people on this list are smarter than me so if someone
see something obviously wrong in my xorg, please let me know.