[mythtv-users] 0.19, VIA, XvMC, Ezra/i586 - video corrupted - image enclosed

Greg Farrell greg at gregfarrell.org
Wed Mar 8 10:22:28 UTC 2006

Hi Jules,

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 08:36 +0000, Jules Gosnell wrote:
> http://www.gosnell.org.uk/tmp/00032.jpg

I've not seen this with MythTV itself, but I work with embedded
via/cle266 units using the Openchrome and Unichrome drivers. I've seen
similar results as you describe with washed out pictures and bands of
colour across the images with VLC and the Openchrome driver.

The problem turned out to be VLC's handling of internal XvMC surfaces
(in it's interlace and libmpeg2 wrapper) was not respecting driver
pitch, and assuming the xvmc surface was the size it requested. Perhaps
MythTV's code has a similar problem?

I think one of the main Unichrome guys, Ivor Hewitt, is on the list,
he's on irc anyway. Maybe he'd have more of an insight.

    Greg