[mythtv-users] VIA EPIA XvMC problems upgrading from 0.18 to 0.19

Jules Gosnell jules at coredevelopers.net
Mon Mar 6 00:12:25 UTC 2006

Jules Gosnell wrote:

>Steve Daniels wrote:

OK - So I have upgraded various pieces of my system to :

mythtv-0.19-124.rhfc3.at
xorg-x11-6.9-0.FC3.ucr.5
kernel-2.6.12-1.1381_FC3
kernel-module-via-drm-2.6.12-1.1381_FC3-2.9.0-1.ucr

Interestingly, XvMC seems to 'work' without having been rebuilt for my
system - which I normally have to do.

However video using XvMC is still being corrupted as described above
:-(, so, I guess I will be trying to live without it for a while...

If anyone has any patches that they would like me to try on my system,
or further ideas to throw at me, they would be most welcome - running
without XvMC is going to really thrash my VIA Ezra - it lives in a
fanless case aswell, so overheating is a serious problem.

On an upbeat note, 0.19 fixes a number of problems that have been really
bugging me in 0.18 - I am very happy with it. I just have to get XvMC
working and I will be a happy man again.

Jules

>>Steve

crystallises out around it."

 * Jules Gosnell