[mythtv-users] nvidia (or other) tv-out without deinterlacing?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Mar 5 22:24:22 UTC 2006

On Mar 5, 2006, at 3:09 PM, Joe Votour wrote:

> Yes, Bob horribly messes up the OSD.
>
> I use the Chromakey OSD, which works like a charm (at
> least for me).  It requires direct database access to
> enable it, and it's labelled, "experimental", but that
> has never stopped me before.  ;)
>
> The only downside (if it really matters) is that you
> lose transparency in the OSD when using Chromakey - it
> doesn't really matter to me, as I'd rather have an OSD
> that looks decent than fancy see-through effects.

Well as I said, things look great to me without any de-interlace. I'm
feeding a 32" HD LCD panel that is supposed to be able to correct
such things by itself, and it appears that it does (motion
compensation and some proprietary stuff). I haven't tried the HDMI
input yet, it has a direct satellite receiver feed connected to it,
leaving the VGA for my Myth box.

I understand that the newer (6xxx and up) cards don't do chroma-key,
at least not in the same way or as well. The general opinion seems to
be that the 5xxx nVidia series are about the best cards for Video,
the later models being optimized for gaming.

Thanks for your input.