[mythtv-users] nvidia (or other) tv-out without deinterlacing?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 5 22:09:19 UTC 2006

--- Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> On Mar 5, 2006, at 2:27 PM, Joe Votour wrote:
>

> > I was using this combination prior to getting my
> HDTV,
> > which I connect via VGA, so now I'm using my
> GeForce
> > 5200FX with Bob (software) deinterlacing.
> >

> I'm using just about the same output setup (GeForce
> 5700FE via VGA).
>
> If I try and use Bob I get vertical jitter on any
> OSD, do you see
> this as well ??
>
> Frankly I don't see much improvement from any form
> of de-interlace
> though, so I don't use it, I was just wondering.

Brian,

Yes, Bob horribly messes up the OSD.

I use the Chromakey OSD, which works like a charm (at
least for me).  It requires direct database access to
enable it, and it's labelled, "experimental", but that
has never stopped me before.  ;)

The only downside (if it really matters) is that you
lose transparency in the OSD when using Chromakey - it
doesn't really matter to me, as I'd rather have an OSD
that looks decent than fancy see-through effects.

-- Joe