[mythtv-users] tv_grab_nl

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Sun Mar 5 17:18:04 UTC 2006

On Sunday 05 March 2006 16:21, Paul de Bruin wrote:
> I am the author of tv_grab_nl_py and I can assure you that the grabber
> tries to be as efficient as possible. As noted in the script (but not
> on the webpage, I will add this later) the best approach is to first
> run the script in fast mode to grab an overview for 7 days. After
> this, run the script in slow mode and it will start to fetch info for
> each programme separately (i.e. for each programme we have to do a
> page fetch, this is the reason why it is slow). The first time this
> will take a long time, however, information is cached and on
> subsequent runs only the information for the new day is fetched. This
> approach will give you data to play with until the slow fetch is
> finished.
>
> Hope this helps,

Thanks for the information.
BTW, I ran mythfilldatabase, but no program information shows up in mythtv. I
guess I have to change something in the channel setup to refer to the correct
information, but how do I do that ?
I used tv_grab_nl_gert before and haven't set --compat during the first scan.
Would it be solved if I do that or is there a better way ?

Regards,
Marcel