[mythtv-users] tv_grab_nl

Paul de Bruin pauldebruin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 15:21:00 UTC 2006

On 3/5/06, Marcel Janssen <korgull at home.nl> wrote:

> > > What irritates me most of all is the fact that there's no unfied source
> > > of TV Guide data for the Netherlands for more than 2 days in the future!
> >
> > Look at the link above. 7 full days of programguide!
>
> It's extremely slow though. It's fetching programs at my place now for the
> past 3.5 hours. As long as it works that doesn't matter much to me, but it
> just seems very inefficient.

Hi,

I am the author of tv_grab_nl_py and I can assure you that the grabber
tries to be as efficient as possible. As noted in the script (but not
on the webpage, I will add this later) the best approach is to first
run the script in fast mode to grab an overview for 7 days. After
this, run the script in slow mode and it will start to fetch info for
each programme separately (i.e. for each programme we have to do a
page fetch, this is the reason why it is slow). The first time this
will take a long time, however, information is cached and on
subsequent runs only the information for the new day is fetched. This
approach will give you data to play with until the slow fetch is
finished.

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Paul