[mythtv-users] best way to take a screenshot?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 10:06:07 UTC 2006

> What's the best way to take a screenshot of the frontend?
>
> I'm aware of the XV issues. I can handle that aspect. What
> I'm interested in are actual screenshot taking methods. I'd
> prefer not to install anything extra if possible (i.e. gimp).

I use this:

#!/bin/bash
#
# Script : screenshot.sh
#
# When you've got the X Window you want to screenshot press Ctrl-Alt-F1 and
# log on to a console window  as root and then run this file. It will produce a
# screenshot in /tmp.
#
# NB - You must tell myth not to use XV for playback to getr a proper
#      screenshot when playing video. To do that do $ NO_XV=1 mythfrontend
#
# NB - script (chvt 7) assumes that X is running on VT7.
#

chvt 7 ; sleep 5 ; XAUTHORITY=/var/gdm/:0.Xauth DISPLAY=:0.0 import
-window root /tmp/screenshot-$$.png