[mythtv-users] MythTV Version Recommendation

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Mar 3 22:57:34 UTC 2006

On 03/03/2006 03:46 PM, LP Tilly wrote:
> So, if I wanted to go with .19, would you suggest I pull from subversion or
> go with the latest tarball?  My guess is subversion for the most recent
> fixes, but I appreciate feedback / suggestions.

If you're building your own, pull release-0-19-fixes from SVN (as
described at http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ ).  If you're using
pre-compiled binaries, go with whatever your packager provides...

If you want to help with development, first sign up for the dev and
commits mailing lists, install release-0-19-fixes, then after you've got
it working and are comfortable with the current perceived level of
stability (based on posts you see), feel free to update to SVN head, and
continue to read and keep up with the dev and commits lists.  (But watch
the lists for a while *before* going to SVN head as some relatively
major--and totally cool--changes are just beginning to happen.)

Mike